Monday, May 30, 2011

All Beliefs Are Unnecessary Muscle Tension

Luke Ford writes:

I felt the tension in my face, particularly around my eyes, and released it. As I did so, all of my annoyance and anger disappeared. I wasn’t upset at anyone, not myself and not the organizers. As I walked, I found I could only feel annoyed if I tensed and compressed my facial muscles. By contrast, when I released unnecessary tension, I could only feel serene.

Every emotion is only possible with a certain alignment of the musculature. Anger, happiness, joy, serenity, disappointment, rage, all of these emotions require a particular alignment of the head, neck and back. Leave that alignment and you leave that emotion behind.

If you’re poised in your body and in your use of yourself, you’re going to be emotionally poised. If you are stiff in your body, you’re going to be emotionally stiff. All of the severe emotions require you to tense and to compress your neck. Let go of this compression and you let go of the severe emotions.



No comments: